What is Enrolment Number ?
At the time of issuing your Aadhar card, you get an acknowledgment slip contains 14-digit enrolment number and 14- digit date and time of enrolment. These 28 digits together have become your enrolment id (EID).
Aadhar enrolment is a process containing following steps:
- Going to enrolment centre
- Filling the enrolment form
- Getting demographic and biometric statistics captured
- Providing evidence of Identity
- Dealing with documents
- Collecting of slip containing the Enrolment number
How to check Aadhar Status if You Lost Enrollment Number?
- Go to the authorized Aadhaar enrolment centre near to your house with your all proof of identity or recover from online website.
- The UIDAI procedure accepts two types of documents i.e. Proof of Identity (PoI) and Proof of Address (PoA). In fact, these supporting documents contain Ration card, Passport, Election photo ID card, and driving licence.
- As a proof of identity, the Government ID cards or PAN card is permissible. In a case, you don’t have the above supporting documents then you can show the identity having photo issued by a Tehsildar/Gazetted officer on a letterhead is also used as Proof of Identity.
- As a proof of Address, Electricity bill, Landline bill, the Water bill for the last three months are permissible. In a case, you don’t have any Proof of address then you can show the photo issued by a Tehsildar/Gazetted officer on a letterhead or by Village Panchayat head is also used as Proof of Address.
- In other circumstances, if someone in the family doesn’t have valid documents, then he can enroll by using family entitlement document. In this case, the head of the family has to be enrolled first by showing his entitlement document then he introducing the other members of the family for enrolment purpose.
- In a case, if the user has no valid document for enrolment purpose, he may take the help to aadhar customer office by calling of toll free number.
- At the enrollment center, you will get the enrollment number by filling up your personal details and adding up your finger-prints, photos, and iris scan. Further you can make corrections to the details you have entered in your acknowledgement slip.
- It is also possible that if you visit online website where you will fill all the details and verify you number then you can able to recover the aahdra card enrollment number.
It should be noted that the waiting time for getting your Aadhar card may vary from 60-90 days.
After getting your enrolment number, the next step is to check your Aadhar status if you are not receiving your Aadhar card for a long time. By involving in following simple steps, you will able to know your Aadhar card status within a few minutes.
Steps to check the Aadhar card by using your enrollment number:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Just look at the right bottom of the screen holding an option Aadhar services and showing a link “Enrolment/Download E-aadhar/update”
- After clicking on this link, you will able to see an option “Check aadhar status” on the left side.
- Now add all the prescribed details such as date and time, enrolment id, and security code.
- At the end, click on the “check status button” and get your Aadhar card status.
This is all about the process required to get your enrolment ID or number. You will understand it within a few seconds. But in a case, you can’t understand it then please, ask your queries in the below-mentioned comment box.